6 Steps to Correctly Wear the Surgical Mask
Before wearing a surgical mask, it is essential to learn how to use it properly so that it can protect and does not become an additional source of virus transmission.
1. Before wearing a surgical mask, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with alcohol solution;
2. Check the surgical mask for tears or holes;
3. Ensure that the correct side (the colored side) of the surgical mask is facing out;
4. Take the surgical mask by the side ties or elastics and put it on to cover the nose and mouth;
5. Make sure the surgical mask is snug against the nose and covers the face to below the chin, making sure there are no gaps;
6. Avoid touching the surgical mask with your hands while you are wearing it. If this occurs, proceed with hand disinfection as soon as possible.